Snowpocalypse 2010

Monday, February 15, 2010

Well winter hit us again with a vengeance last weekend. But before I get there, I had an interview last Friday!!! Heritage Valley finally called me about the application I filled out. I took a half day from work and headed to Moon Township for my interview at 3. The interview went well I think. Only thing that might go against me is that I don't have any real employee relations experience. I mean I did things of that type at Borders, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, things like that. But I don't have the employee relations job title. So we'll see. They said they would be finishing up the first round of interviews the following week and I should hear if I'm called for a second interview in two weeks. So fingers crossed I get some good news soon!

Unfortunately while I was at my interview the blizzard started. At least it was still early yet and once I got off 60 at University Blvd the roads weren't too bad. Took my time getting home and I didn't really have any problems. However by the time I woke up Saturday we had about 2 feet of snow on the ground! It was insane. I was pretty much going stir crazy being stuck inside and not able to go out anywhere. Luckily for me Aunt Sandy and Uncle Ralph only live three blocks away. So when the show they had tickets to in Pittsburgh was canceled I walked down to their place and spent a couple hours there. Plus they fed me which was pretty nice too. By Sunday morning the snow had stopped but the roads still weren't real great. Dad came down with shovels and we dug my car out, plus shoveled a little path for me to the door. And then I ended up going out to the farm for a big. Jim had plowed out Bonnie's driveway for her, but I was still a little nervous about taking my car up Greenwood Road so I had her pick me up at Giant Eagle. As much as I don't like snow, I do have to admit the farm look very pretty. Chloe's new blanket had come in earlier in the week and so she finally got that. Chloe loved her blanket! She runs into the house and lays down before Bonnie can take it off of her. She's actually slept in it a few nights! So cute!

Anyway about 10 Sunday night I got word from Carol that Pitt was closed on Monday. Yippee! Seriously that just made my weekend. So Monday morning I ended up going out antiquing with Mom and Dad. We headed over to Ohio in the morning. Of course we had to start the day with breakfast at Cracker Barrel. And then we spent the day at the I-76 antique mall. Dad got a new meat press plus we picked up a couple of gifts. Good day though, I actually have a lot of fun going antiquing with Mom and Dad. Well then Tuesday we got another snow storm. About 8 more inches or so of the stuff was dumped on us. So Tuesday and Wednesday I was off from work as well. Tuesday I had to pick Mom up from work and run her out to the dentist. She was nice enough to take me out to dinner though afterwards. So that was a good time. Wednesday I pretty much did nothing. Which was actually pretty nice to not do anything for a day. I laid around and watched some JAG and Bones on DVD. Squalie-cat curled up on top of me in bed. All in all it was a good day. Sadly though I had to go back to work on Thursday. Luckily Dad was working 7-7:30 Thursday and Friday. So I rode into Sewickley with him and then caught the 16A into Pittsburgh. Glad I did that. Roads in Oakland were horrible. It was just snow covered and slush.

By Saturday I was desperate to get to the barn. I needed to ride my pony! The kids were all there and we were able to get a lot of work done. We got like 7 stalls clean and everyone rode. I got there early and spent about an hour grooming my little dirtball. I actually managed to get him relatively clean for once. And so I actually rode him! First time I've been on him in more than two months I think. I was cold though, and I didn't want to lose any of my layers, so I tacked him up in the western saddle and rode in that. I think he likes the western saddle now. Plus if he does anything stupid he has to work a lot harder to get me out of it. Not really worth the effort for him. I had a good ride on him Saturday. And then Sunday I rode him again. Two days in a row of good rides. I was really pleased with how he went. I think I'm going to get Ari to take video of him this weekend. Since I'm always on his back I really want to see how he looks under saddle.