Friday, March 19, 2010
Ok so I thought it would be a good idea to take a look at the goals I set earlier this year. See how I did on the January/February ones and then set ones for March/April.
1. Work on my laterals, especially off my left leg.
Well, I didn't do a whole lot of dressage work. In fact I wasn't able to ride for quite some time in February because of the massive amounts of snow that was dumped on us. That being said I am working on improving my own fitness and strengthening my legs. I'm taking a pilates class this semester and I began running again. I feel that will help to improve my laterals. We'll see. This goal will be going forward to March.2. Start jumping again.
Needless to say this goal was a huge success. I think I can check it off the list!3. Work to get Kaye cadenced at the canter.
As I am riding better and I have a better seat I think this is coming along. However I haven't specifically worked on it. So this will be another goal that moves forward to March.4. Work with Naughtie to get her supply through the back and to lighten her sides.
I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I haven't worked with Naughtie all that much this year yet. So no really progress on this goal.Ok so going forward
- Work on my laterals, especially off my left leg
- Work to get Kaye cadenced at the canter
- Work with Naughtie to get her supply through the back and to lighten her sides
- Continue to improve my jumping
- Successfully compete at Beginner Novice with Naughtie
- Work to overcome my own fears and confidence issues ( I know this will be something I struggle with my entire life, but if I can honestly make progress I will be happy) - Already making huge strides towards this
- Get X out to a schooling show - Little bugger is going to Canfield in May
- Consistently be able to jump 3' courses - Done! Feeling comfortable jumping one stride combinations at 3'+ Going to change this to 3'6"
- Move up to Novice by the end of the year - very doable. Actually thinking of changing this to training by the end of the year.
- Become solid at First Level with Kaye
- Work with Twinkie both on the flat and over fences